CPR/BLS for the Healthcare Provider
AHA’s BLS Course provides the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. Updated to reflect new 2020 science, BLS teaches the concepts of high-quality CPR, improvement of chest compression fraction, and high-performing team dynamics.
BLS from AHA offers the advantages of: ~ Content representing the latest resuscitation science for improved patient outcomes ~ Realistic scenarios, simulations, and animations depicting rescuers, teams, and patients ~ Course and content flexibility for AHA Instructors and students, including adaptability to local protocols.
Who Should Take the Course?
Healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
- New science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- The components of high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival for prehospital and in-facility providers
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
BLS can be delivered in 2 formats to meet the needs of students and offer flexibility for instructors. All formats include the same learning objectives and result in the same course completion card.
- Instructor-led Training: Instructors deliver both the cognitive portion of training and the psychomotor component of thorough skills practice and testing in a classroom setting
- Blended Learning – HeartCode BLS®: This is a two part process. First the student will complete the online test with a passing score and print it out. Second the student will schedule a skills check off with us. www.elearning.heart.org
- Once on the website, click on courses then click on Heartcode BLS. Print it off and bring it with you to class
Course Fee: $70.00